First things first. Here is the list of players that will not be at Neil Lennon's disposal at Hillsborough on Saturday:
1. Jay Spearing - Loan to Watford still not officially official, but he is unlikely to be risked.
2. Medo Kamara - Gone on loan to Maccabi Haifa in Israel.
3. Zach Clough - Strained hamstring.
4. Chung-Yong Lee - Fractured shin/leg.
5. Rob Hall - Sprained ankle.
We could also add long-term injuries to that list such as Mark Davies, Max Clayton, Joe Mason, and Marc Tierney, but none of them have featured recently so can't really be considered a loss for this match. At any rate, here is my predicted starting XI:
Kevin McNaughton Matt Mills Dorian Dervite Tim Ream
Liam Feeney Darren Pratley Josh Vela Neil Danns
I also expect youngsters such as Tom Walker and Oscar Threlkeld to feature on the bench alongside old-timers like Emile Heskey and David Wheater. Will it be enough against a high-flying Sheffield Wednesday team buoyed by several loan players from the Premier League (Chelsea in particular)?
I doubt it. I think Wanderers lose this one. 2-1 to Wednesday.