I spoke to the excellent Laura Jones about the game:1) Last time we spoke you discussed how it would take Sheffield Wednesday time "to settle into the new management and coaching structure and the influx of new players", so how's that going so far?
1) Last time we spoke you discussed how it would take Sheffield Wednesday time "to settle into the new management and coaching structure and the influx of new players", so how's that going so far?
It's still a work in progress. We have virtually a whole new squad and it hasn't quite settled yet. The style of football has changed from Stuart Gray's days. We're not as defensively strong but our attacking passing play is far more creative. We're still not as clinical in front of goal as we would like to be though.
2) You also, seemingly unconvincingly, talked about Carlos Carvalha's ‘attacking philosophy'. Has he lived up to the billing thus far?
The play is far more attack minded than last season and the players the ‘committee' have brought in are visible better than players we've had in previous seasons but Carvalhal likes to rotate the team.
3) Wednesday have brought in loads of new players this summer, with the likes of Barry Bannan, Daniel Pudil and Fernando Forriesteri all coming in late on. How have all the new boys started?
No-one has had a consistent run in the team yet so it's difficult to know who plays well with who. Hopefully this is just Carvalhal just learning what his best team is.
4) With all the money spent in mind, what would be a successful season for Wednesday fans? Is the play-offs realistic?
We would like to be pushing for the play-off's. I think 8th or 9th is more realistic if we can start winning games.
5) Do you hate Gary Megson as much as us then?
Lol no. Gary is a Wednesdayite. We couldn't hate him.
6) Our ‘star' striker at the minute is Gary Madine. As a Wednesday fan, what are your thoughts on him?
My mother always said if you can't say anything nice then don't say anything at all.
7) Which player(s) are going to cause Bolton the most trouble on Tuesday night?
Who knows who'll be playing! Marco Matias was one of our big signings and has been a good creative outlet for us. Plus he scored that Gascoignesque goal against Leeds.
8) What do you reckon of Bolton this season?
Bolton are a difficult to predict. You got good results against Derby and Wolves but lost to MK Dons. I think you'll do better than last season but it'll only be mid to lower half of the table.
9) Any Bolton players concern you going into a game?
Sods law says Madine will score against us.
10) Finally, what's your prediction for the game?
I think it will be a frustrating 1-1 draw.
We thank Laura for her time, and you should absolutely follow her on Twitter @YICETOR